Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wow! A lot has changed.




Since the last time I posted, a lot has changed. We have a wonderful new family member Brett. He is a wonderful, perfect, little boy! I had an extremely tough pregnancy, but he was more than worth it. I have to say, I was worried beyond worried. Bedrest was so tough on our family. Brian was exhausted from taking care of the entire house and family after working all day. Jake was tired of not having his fun, happy, active mommy around. My amazing mother in law did MORE of her share taking care of us. And I was SO worn out from being in pain unable to take care of anyone. It was hard to keep my spirits up. The idea of having such a difficult pregnancy followed by a screaming newborn was more than I could think about. But my fears were soon relieved... Born on July 12, 2010 at 8lbs 4oz, Brett Ryan came into this world a big boy! But more importantly, he came into this world a sweet, calm ANGEL! We call him Mr. Cool after his Aunt Sharon who was Miss Cool. Must be something about those second babies! I don't know if there is an easier baby out there! To give you an idea, he slept from 11pm to 6am last night and he's not even 7 weeks yet. He has changed our family in such a wonderful way. Jake has a sibling now. That was so important to Brian and me. And Jake LOVES being a big brother. He is protective of his "Brettster", making sure that his friends are gentle when they touch him. And he even told Brian "Dad, be careful!" when he thought he was being to rough. How sweet is that? I so enjoy seeing his reaction when Brett smiles at him. And listen to him talk about how he "will always be my little brother, even when he's big!" Our power went out the other night and Jake woke up scared because his nightlight went out. I ran in there and told him it was OK and I was there. The first thing he asked was "Is Brett OK?"

I also have to say that I didn't how I could love another child like I love Jake. I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't know how. What I wasn't prepared for was how fast it happened! Being mom to these two precious boys fills my heart with overwhelming joy. I enjoy every moment I spend with them. I want to to treasure these moments because I know they will be gone in the blink of an eye and I'll be standing next to boys bigger than me, all grown up.
Brian is just amazing with Brett. He struggles some with the fact that he's so tiny. But he is patient and is a very involved daddy. As I type this, he's on the recliner taking a nap with Brett asleep on his chest. It's so cute. Oh, and Brett is a little clone of his daddy and of Jake. I can't tell the difference between Jake and Brett's baby photos! The only difference I've found so far is their nose. Brett has Brian's nose and Jake has mine. We'll see what Brett's personality is like as he grows. But for now, I'm happy just holding him as a tiny infant, looking into those beautiful, trusting eyes and enjoying every moment.


















No comments: